Long ago and far away, I used to write a Monday Miscellany post that was full of exactly what it sounds like – random crap that caught my attention over the previous week. I don’t know that I’m going to do it regular-like (I seem to be having trouble doing anything regularly these days), but it seemed like a good thing to do today.
- I have recently run out of my backlog of podcasts from when I didn’t listen to podcasts for 18 months or so, because I now listen to nothing but podcasts on my 20-30 minute commute to and from work. There are podcasts I enjoy greatly, but they don’t come out fast enough for me. So I have recently started listening to Welcome to Night Vale. You guys. It is HILARIOUS! It’s a tongue-in-cheek radio show about a desert town with all kinds of weird occurrences that the inhabitants don’t seem to find all that weird, like the dog park that is for neither dogs nor people, the house that isn’t really there, angels that all lie (and don’t really exist), and major earthquakes that no one can actually feel. I’ve only just started the second episode, but it is cracking me up.
- I’m loving this series of posts on FoodRiot called “Cooking With Children (Like, as Helpers, Not as Ingredients)”. You can read the first installment and the second installment. I just wish she posted them more often – I’d love to read regular posts about her cooking with the toddler!
- I have a friend who is a fabulous chef and a fantastic cookbook author/recipe creator who has launched a Kickstarter for a gluten-free cookbook that promises easy recipes that won’t taste like sawdust or have weird textures. GF peoples, get on it.
- The Flat, a faboo creperie here in our town, is ALSO holding a Kickstarter because they want to buy a food truck so they can make crepes at festivals and weddings and parties and maybe IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD sometimes. And because their crepes are amazing and I want them to make crepes as close to me as possible at all times, I want them to have this food truck. Cvillians, get on it.
- Today is my amazing husband’s birthday. To demonstrate my appreciation for how he cares for M. all day every day, feeds and walks the dogs every day, feeds me and M. every day, cleans the house, takes care of the yard, and generally eschews adult interaction and sanity in favor of our family well-being, I gave him…fleece socks (which he was VERY excited about, I must report in defense of my selection) and the world’s most inappropriate card game. M. gave him a half-dozen of his favorite cupcakes in the world. And we had a single night baby-free in the Outer Banks on Saturday, but that was mostly for a friend’s wedding and only a tiny part for his birthday. I feel like he deserves a billionty times all of that. Hopefully he’ll settle for some sweet baby kisses on top of it all… 🙂
So that’s what I’ve got…what have you been up to lately?