Hello, world. It’s me, stopping by to say hello. I’ve apparently been gone so long that WordPress has completely changed the interface for posting things in the back end. I’m gonna have to figure out how to do all the slightly more complex stuff all over again, because those options seem to have disappeared. Hmph. [Edit: oh, never mind – figured out how to get back to the regular posting interface.]
Anyway, HI! How have you been? Did you miss me? I’m not sure if I’m quite ready to be back full time again yet, but hopefully more often than lately. I needed a break. Some time to burrow down into my own head. Some time to sleep and chill out and not think too hard. Coming up with things to blog about was hard, life was getting busy, so I stopped.
But now I have something to say. Something to tell you. Something that might explain my recent bout of brain exhaustion. Because you guys…I’m pregnant. Knocked up. With child. Hi! I’m gonna have a baby!
Okay – time for all the standard questions:
- Due date: mid to late October – we’ve had 3 different dates so far, so that’s as good as I think I can get.
- Are we happy? Well, duh. We’ve been married almost 7 years. This wasn’t an accident. So yeah, happy. 🙂
- Are the families happy? That might be an understatement. This will be Dave’s parents first grandchild, and my only niece is 8, so it’s been a while for my folks too.
- How am I feeling? Oh, it varies day to day. I’ve had some nausea. And vomiting (though thankfully not much of that). I have an Rx for nausea meds because it was interfering with things like, oh, getting up and going to work. I think – hope – it’s getting a little better, but I still have bad days sometimes. I’ve been exhausted, of course – that goes with the territory. I’ve had some of the other typical symptoms too – food aversions, super-sniffer (complete with smell aversions), etc. – no need to bore you with the details.
- How far along are you? Well, by the most recent due date, I should be 14 weeks today.
- How’s the baby? So far as we know, all’s well. Good heartbeat, first ultrasound was wiggly and good. As far as we know now, baby is happy and healthy.
- Boy or girl? A little too early for that yet – we’ll find out late May or early June. And yes, we’re definitely going to find out.
And I think that does it for the usual questions we’ve heard so far. Let me know if you’ve got another in the comments. As for me…I’m writing this on Monday night, and as usual, I’m about done in. Talk to you guys again soon, I hope!