I’ve been pretty cranky this past week, but I’m trying not to focus on the crabbiness. I’d like instead to celebrate a few small perfect moments from the past week or so.
- “Popcorn reading” (i.e., taking turns reading aloud) the first Harry Potter book with my niece and husband – the first time reading the story for both of them.
- Making the winning brownies to take to a Super Bowl party – the entire 9×13 pan was almost gone by the end of the night.
- Opening a big box delivered this week as a Valentine’s Day gift from Dave’s parents…and realizing shortly after I’d cut open the top of the box that they sent us a giant box of Biscoff spread (after reading our tweets about loving it but lamenting that it’s too expensive to buy very often).
- Finding a picture of an exceptionally ridiculous wedding dress and sharing it with a friend because I knew she’d want to blog about it.
- Stroking the cheek of a friend’s 3-day-old crying baby and feeling how soft it was, and loving how that seemed to comfort her a bit because she got quiet again for a few minutes.
- Singing at the top of my lungs with my husband to some of our favorite songs driving home from Richmond in the middle of the night after a party.
- Being able to help three different friends with three different internet problems – all over Twitter.
- Walking the doglets and letting them off-leash for a bit, and seeing them romp and run and revel in their freedom.
How about you? Did you have any wonderful, perfect moments this week?