A couple of years ago, on my former blog, I shared the details of the gifts I received for the holidays – also known as Lootmas, the part of Christmas that has nothing whatsoever to do with Christ, a phrase coined by the inimitable Joshilyn Jackson. I like to hear what other people got as presents, so I figured, hey, why not share my list during this post-Christmas time with no one is probably reading my blog anyway? 🙂 I pinned this year’s Lootmas haul on Pinterest; click below to see it all.
More importantly, there were some good moments this Christmas that made me quite happy, all warm and fuzzy, like the following:
- Sharing a delicious Christmas dinner out with Dave’s family a week before Christmas
- Getting homemade eggs benedict after a nice sleep-in at Dave’s parents’ house
- Watching the old home movies that my mom had put onto a DVD for my cousins and sister, seeing our grandparents (and great-grandparents, and parents) in younger days
- Seeing my cousin’s daughter weep with joy over the Coach purse she’d been pining for that her Mimi (her grandmother, my aunt) got for her
- Watching my niece be delighted over all the awesome presents she got: a new bike, a tablet (Kindle Fire, her new BFF, she says), a new American Girl doll, a Lalaloopsy tree house, a gumball machine/bank, and lots lots lots more (8 is such a fun age for gift-giving)
- Working on a big pretty puzzle (which was a gift from my in-laws) with my mom and Dave, and a little help from my sister and niece
- Going to see the lights at the Elks Home and Liberty Lake Park, like we do every year
- Having my niece so attached to us that she jumped from me to Dave and back again and didn’t want to let us go so we could drive home
- Seeing all my family and just spending time with them and visiting – we don’t live far from either of our families, but it’s still wonderful when we get to spend quality time with them
I hope you all had a particularly lovely holiday. Any good loot or warm memories to share?