It’s time for part 2 of a look into my crazy holiday music collection! To recap: I’ve always loved Christmas music. I collect Christmas music, including the classic greats, but especially the unusual, the kitschy, the weird, the creepy, and the interesting. This month, I’m sharing some of my Christmas music with you.
This week I’m going to share a bit of less traditional music. Some of it may be music you’ve heard before…but a lot of it’s probably not. It’s all seasonal, and these are all songs I honestly enjoy listening to a great deal – even if you haven’t heard of them before.
As I mentioned last week, I tried desperately to find a way to embed a playlist, and I was not satisfied. So, I made a YouTube playlist for you that you can access at the link below, and then I’ve listed the titles and artists of the songs in the playlist for those who just want to see what’s on it and don’t really care to listen. That said, I really, really encourage you to listen to this one in particular – this is my very, very favorite playlist I’ll share this month!
- “Gee Whiz, It’s Christmas” from Carla Thomas
- “Get Behind Me Santa” from Sufjan Stevens
- “The Christmas Song” from The Raveonettes
- “Merry Christmas Baby” from Otis Redding
- “I Will Be Hating You for Christmas” from Everclear
- “Get Down for the Holidays” from Jenny O
- “Christmas in New Orleans” from Louis Armstrong
- “Fairytale of New York” from Pilate
- “It’s Christmas” from Coconut Records
- “River” from Joni Mitchell
- “You’ll Never Find My Christmas” from Bishop Allen
- “Christmastime” from Smashing Pumpkins
Do you have any awesome but less traditional holiday music that you love? (I’m always looking for more music ideas… :))