So, I’m not really excited that it’s fall, necessarily. It’s friggin’ cold. I don’t like cold. I like a nice 75-80° F day, pleaseandthankyou. But I might as well get in the spirit of things and brainstorm a few things I like about the season. After all, it’s gonna be around for the next few months.
- Half-off Halloween candy (as of November 1, anyway)
- All the amazingly delicious food that fall brings
- Going from a walk to book club without changing clothes because I’m not sweating furiously
- Wearing jeans doesn’t get me funny looks like it does in the summer
- Flannel pajama pants and fleece socks when lounging at night
- Smelling woodsmoke in the air
- Lower electric bills (our AC is a horror of an energy-sucker)
- Clearer nights (less humidity) = starry skies
- Birthday season – LOTS of friends and family with October and November birthdays (including Dave and me)
What are your favorite things about fall?