Time once again for the 30 Day Song Challenge! We’re nearing the end, promise – next week will be it!
- 21-A Song That You Listen to When You’re Happy: I start dancing and wiggling and grinning every time “Just Like Heaven” by the Cure comes on, which indicates to me it’s probably a good happy one for my ears.
- 22-A Song That You Listen to When You’re Sad: Well…honestly, if I’m sad, I probably want to listen to a happy song to lift me up, but I don’t think that’s what the topic is supposed to be. I think they want to know what song you listen to when you want to wallow in sadness. For me, that would probably be “Raining in Baltimore” by Counting Crows.
- 23-A Song That You Want to Play at Your Wedding: Heh. Well, since I’m already married and stuff, I suppose this is a pretty easy one. In fact, our wedding favors were a CD of some of our favorite love songs (it was a pretty eclectic CD), including the song we chose for our first dance, “Night and Day” performed by Ella Fitzgerald.
- 24-A Song That You Want to Play at Your Funeral: I had a really hard time with this one. I wanted to pick something unusual, but it’s hard to choose anything that’s not somber for your own funeral. There are hymns that I love and would want – “Amazing Grace” and “How Great Thou Art,” while by no means original, are hymns I love that are funeral-appropriate. For something non-hymnal, though, I’d probably choose “Moonlight Sonata” by Ludwig van Beethoven, just because it’s a favorite work from a favorite composer, and it’s kind of moody and peaceful (even better would be the Egmont Overture, but that requires a full orchestra instead of just a piano…). Because it’s pretty long, though, I’d say this is a play-as-they-enter or play-as-they-exit piece.
- 25-A Song That Makes You Laugh: Ironically, we included this song on our wedding CD as well purely because it IS a love song and it’s one that cracks us up every single time we hear it. “I Believe in a Thing Called Love” by the Darkness is ridiculous and the video is even more ridiculous. It cracks me up every time. (Second place for this one is a song that is not on YouTube, but I did find a place you can listen to it: “Angry Crafts” by the Mendoza Line.)