Now is ze time on Sprockets when we dance. Or offer the next installment of my personal 30 Day Song Challenge. Whatever. Per my SIL’s technology-troubled request, I’ll state outright in the text what song I’m picking (and I’ve gone back to edit the other posts and add that in, too).
- 16-A Song That You Used to Love but Now Hate: Ugh. I can’t believe I ever liked anything about this whiny, aggravating song. And yet I own the album on which “All the Small Things” by Blink-182 was released. For shame.
- 17-A Song That You Hear Often on the Radio: I listen to a radio station I love when I listen to the radio at all. It’s an independent, commercial-free radio station that plays a pretty wide variety of indie and alternative music. It is not perfect; they play songs I dislike too, but the ratio of songs I like or can tolerate to songs I hate is much better on this station than any other radio station I’ve ever experienced. The Decemberists were just in town this week, so they’ve been playing “This Is Why We Fight” a fair amount lately – a perfectly good song; I have no complaints!
- 18-A Song That You Wish You Heard on the Radio: Well, my first choice for this was “Our Love Is Like a Wire” by the Mendoza Line (a band that sadly no longer exists), but that is not on teh YouTubez. And really, any Mendoza Line song would be brilliant to hear on the radio, so this one will work just as well – here’s them doing a cover of the Springsteen song “Tougher Than the Rest.”
- 19-A Song from Your Favorite Album: I consulted my iTunes library to see what album might get the most plays and therefore must be my favorite one. I came up with We Brave Bee Stings and All from Thao with the Get Down Stay Down. The song “Bag of Hammers” gets stuck in my head most often of all the others on that album.
- 20-A Song That You Listen to When You’re Angry: I’m not much one for angry music (unless it’s the Pixies, and I’ve already featured them in this series – I’m trying not to do repeats). But a song that’s kind of angry and is definitely way fun to sing along and dance to is “You’ll Never Be Famous” by the Clutters.