It’s Friday! Time for the next installment of my 5 song selections from the 30 Day Song Challenge!
- 6-A Song that Reminds You of Somewhere: When I hear this song, all I can think of is the hallway of my freshman dorm, Monroe Hall Second Floor, and all those girls. We’d sit out in the hallway and sing and sing and sing. This was a popular selection. 🙂 (“Son of a Preacher Man” by Dusty Springfield)
- 7-A Song that Reminds You of a Certain Event: In my junior year of college, I cut loose with my classes a little bit. I knew my senior year was likely to be all about student teaching, so I had a little fun the year before. I took a performance theater class. We created our own performance. Came up with a theme, wrote the lines, designed the blocking and the dancing and everything. Our peak group dance in the middle was done to this song. (“Tennessee Waltz” performed by Leonard Cohen)
- 8-A Song that You Know All the Words To: I think some part of me is, with this little project, trying to expose some people to music I love that they might not know. Not every song obviously, but some songs. Like this one. Big thanks to Jay Haas to putting this one into my life – it’s a much-beloved song on my iPod. (“Can’t Ever Sleep” by Saturday Looks Good to Me)
- 9-A Song that You Can Dance To: My husband introduced me to this song. I love it. I love it passionately. It’s filled with insanely amazing ridiculous lyrics and a rockin’ beat. (Warning: this video is not for the faint of heart. It’s…a little dirty.) (“Gay Bar” by Electric Six)
- 10-A Song that Makes You Fall Asleep: This song can make me fall asleep in a good way, a comforting, peaceful way. The song itself is quiet and soothing; the words are all about giving yourself the gift of peace. (“Why Worry” by Dire Straits)