Wow, it’s been a while since I posted a list o’ links! There was lack of good stuff to pick from, followed by time out of town and then just exhaustion. All that means that I’ve now accumulated a good list for you of all sorts of random weirdness. Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you discovered anything funny, interesting, angrifying, etc. on the internets lately!
- I had an American Girl doll when I was growing up – how about you? What does the doll you chose say about you? I totally disagree (I had Samantha and was NEVER the popular, cool girl), but it’s still funny to read.
- Interesting summary of some “no-brainer” ideas our government can easily implement – and should implement, in the author’s opinion – but they are not.
- Wanna see some crazy and hilarious pictures of some pregnant ladies? My personal favorite is the lady on the horse. A couple are clearly Photoshopped, but most of them seem to be legit. (This may be NSFW, depending on your workplace.)
- Fantastic perspective on our current national system of judging teachers and schools based on students’ performance on standardized tests. A modern-day parable, if you will.
- Wow…it’s been a long time since a Republican impressed me, and I’m not really a fan of her dad, but I kinda like Meghan McCain.
- Interesting story for font nerds like me about a new font created specifically to be easy-to-read on a screen. Why did no one think of this before?
- I attended a conference from the American Society for Training and Development last week, and on my way home from the conference, I spotted this post about the worst PowerPoint slide of all time. I was amused and horrified at the same time.
- Wonder what education is going to be like for my generation’s children? This post speculates in a most interesting manner on what education will be like for and mean to Generation Z.
- I’m upping the ante on my exercise routine (more on that tomorrow) and was beyond thrilled to find this site devoted to making workout playlists of indie music. I am NOT the person who wants to exercise to Lady Gaga and Ke$ha, so help putting together exercise music I’ll actually like is much appreciated.