Tonight, we celebrate Mother’s Day by going to see Thor! Not with my mom, though. I’m pretty sure superhero movies will never be tops on her list for celebrating…well, anything. I have two weeks of sundry web links to share; hope everyone’s Mother’s Day is beautiful and bright!
- First announcement: my freelance editing business has had a busy two weeks, launching a new website, Twitter account, and blog. Woo!
- A fantastic editorial in the NY Times about why we should be paying teachers higher salaries.
- As a former Girl Scout, I am so proud to read articles about Scouts doing amazing things, like designing a prosthetic hand for a small child.
- Super-nerdy picture about the death of Osama, the only joke about the whole situation that actually made me laugh this week.
- Utterly adorable geeky anniversary gift from an art director to his wife.
- Alumnus from my alma mater wrote the screenplay for Thor! Cool!
- Free Comic Book Day was yesterday, and there were some fun fun fun titles available!
- My sister posted this link on Facebook for a no-bake Nutella cheesecake. WANT.