Hello, everyone! It’s been a lovely weekend. We had a visit from David’s sister and her husband, and we had a good visit. And now I’m searching for the energy to make blog posts while I watch TV. Here are all the interesting things I saw on the web this week:
- Netflix is getting into the original programming biz – super cool! Now the question is, will Netflix subscribers get to view it with without additional “premium” subscription prices or anything?
- Want a really cute dog? Want to pay $1.5 million for it? No, me neither. But very, very cute, right?
- Obama wants to give American citizens more internet privacy. I applaud that – but I want to know if it applies to privacy from our own government, too, since the article really only addresses corporations tracking people’s internet activity. Don’t get me wrong, I do think that with reasonable cause and a search warrant, law enforcement should be able to look at internet activity of suspected criminals. But the 99% of citizens who are law-abiding, who are not downloading child pornography or ordering hits on people, should be able to go about their business in private.
- Terrifying news: a 4th-grader in DC brought some cocaine to school to share with his classmates. They all had to go to the hospital, and they’re not sure where the kid got the drugs. Ick.
- Katharine Hepburn on a skateboard – so awesome!