Whew! Last week was…interesting. A lot of Unexpected Things happened in a very short amount of time…I was flying to California with 2 days’ notice; I wasn’t flying to California with 1 day’s notice; I was assembling Board information packets for a Board I know little about; I was answering lots of questions on things I knew nothing about; my husband had work issues with the potential to impact our lives; I had to buy birthday and baby presents…add to all that Valentine’s Day, a hectic and slightly worrisome Saturday morning, a trip to my parents’ for a birthday and a baby shower, and all that happened just IN THE WORLD last week, and I felt walloped – though at least walloped with gorgeous, unseasonable weather. Here’s hoping for a calmer week this time around! And here are the boatload of links I noted to myself in the past 8 days or so:
- Some scientists think we have a really big ol’ planet, 4 times the size of Jupiter, hiding in our solar system. Weird. Wonder if they’re right?!
- Added to the RSS reader a new webcomic with the best name ever: Battlepug!
- My dream: a house with all the walls made of bookshelves.
- Great post from my friend Jenny, a devout Christian, on Ten Things Christians Don’t Need to Believe.
- Amazing, snarky website about pregnancy and parenthood (with a book coming out soon)! Selected specifically for my preggers friend Erin.
- Super-cool real-life playable Angry Birds birthday cake.
- The Husband is in a new podcast – about books instead of movies this time. Three dudes, discussing literature and other stuff – not in a stuffy, English professor way, but in a casual and often sarcastic way. Lit nerds, hie thee hence.
- Two articles/blog posts (here and here) that express my feelings perfectly for why cutting funding to Planned Parenthood is a bad idea.