Second post of the night! Yay for you; I know you’re excited. Lots of good links have popped up this week – hope you find them interesting too!
- Ever suspect the post office or shipping company of opening your packages? This guy did, and he did something about it.
- Delicious? Or not? Rumors have been flying this week about Yahoo shutting down their bookmarking service Delicious, which I have loved and used – then the rumors became that Yahoo isn’t shutting it down, but it looking for a buyer. Regardless, I have imported all of my bookmarks over to Diigo at this point and am sadly planning to switch permanently, just so I don’t have to worry about it or keep up with the rumors.
- Well, I would have thought that this would be a great big DUH, but apparently not. We needed a court ruling to determine that the government needs a warrant to read our email. I guess I’m relieved that the court actually made that ruling…
- Well, it may seem slow-going, but scientists ARE making progress toward curing HIV. Hooray for good science news!
- Timely considering all the people going out of town this time of year – advice on hiding valuables in your house in places burglars are least likely to check.
- You have GOT to be f***ing kidding me. We now have to endure potentially cancer-causing airport scans and invasive, overly intimate pat downs from TSA, but they can’t find a loaded gun in a guy’s carry-on luggage? WTH?!?
- I probably wouldn’t get these for myself because I don’t like such big headphones, but how awesome are these? I *heart* the R2D2 ones best.