I had relatively few exciting links accumulated this week. I don’t know if I was just busy or if really nothing caught my eye. I thought that instead, I’d share some links with you to stuff I got for my birthday! I know, you can’t wait. You’re just dying to know.
- My besties at work took me out to a delish lunch at Beer Run, and I mentioned on Friday that my dearest husband took me to dinner at Tavola on Friday (their website’s working now).
- My lovely in-laws gave me cash to spend as I will, which I decided to use toward the jewelry I’d recently purchased for myself at a Lia Sophia party, including the Stillwater Earrings, the Out to Sea Necklace, and the Sugar Plum Necklace.
- I got numerous books from dear darling friends: Shakespeare: The World as a Stage, Lists: To-Dos, Illustrated Inventories, Collected Thoughts and Other Artists’ Enumerations from the Collections of the Smithsonian Museum, To-Do Lists: From Buying Milk to Finding a Soul-Mate, What Our Lists Reveal About Us, As Simple as Snow, and Miss Thistlebottom’s Hobgoblins: The Careful Writers Guide to the Taboos, Bugbears, and Outmoded Rules of English Usage.
- My dear SIL and her husband got me one of the aforementioned books, along with awesomely hilarious apparel: a t-shirt reading “She blinded me with library science!” and an apron that says “Baking is science for hungry people.”
- One of my sweet friends who gave me seasons 1 and 2 of Designing Women last year sent me season 3 this year. I love love love love love Designing Women!
- My mom and dad sent me a check with a picture of the new NOOKcolor wrapped around it and a hand-written note that said “Order me for your birthday!” So I did! In future, Barnes & Noble gift cards will be appreciated in lieu of actual paper books. 🙂
- My husband was ALSO going to get me a NOOKcolor (seriously, how lucky am I that so many people love me so much and want to drop that much cash on an awesome gift for me?!), and we’ve been trying to decide what he will get me instead. I’ve decided he’s going to get me a few items off my ModCloth wishlist, namely the Caught On-Guard Coat, the Either Ore Tunic, and the Fawn-a Studies Top. I need some nice winter clothing. 🙂
And I have more coming this weekend from visiting friends! It’s been a great birthday, and I feel verra verra lucky. Now you can be jealous of all my new stuffs!