It’s another random post! Hooray for the randoms!
- I don’t know if you ever read Water for Elephants, but if you did not, you should. Immediately. It’s a fantastic book by Sara Gruen about a circus and a very special elephant. And now she’s got a NEW book out, Ape House, about bonobo monkeys. And we all have a chance to win a signed copy, courtesy of my very favorite author, the brilliant wordsmith Joshilyn Jackson. Hie thee hence!
- I totally love my iPhone, but this still cracked me up.
- Best Cake Wrecks in a long while.
- Love. This. Jacket. And it comes in my size – squee! (Love this whole site, really, I subscribe to an RSS feed of all their new products 🙂 )
- Stand back, Jack (or probably more accurately, Johnny): Virginia has its own scotch distillery now. They’re doing a free tasting of their double malt in Charlottesville on October 15. My husband’s money may never be safe again.