Reverse Bucket List
Prompt courtesy of Mama Kat’s Losin’ It: Create a reverse bucket list that names the top ten things you never want to do. (Told you guys I was feeling not-bloggish and would be writing to prompts more while I try to get my bloggy mojo back…)
- Be naked in public. Surely I don’t have to explain that.
- Have Lasik eye surgery. My eyes are awful, and I know several people who’ve had the surgery and swear it’s worth it, but the idea of someone cutting open my eye with a laser, peeling back part of it to then laser the inside, all while I’m still awake really, really skeeves me out.
- Be buried alive. Seriously, this is terrifying to me. That scene in Kill Bill where Uma Thurman digs herself up out of the ground? Every time I see it, that’s the most convincing thing to me that she’s a bad-ass. I would be so paralyzed with fear I’d probably just flail around all panicked and ineffective.
- Get divorced. This is not a danger, by the way – Dave and I are all happy and snuggly – but I’ve seen too many friends and family members go through this kind of pain and messiness. I don’t ever want to do it.
- Eat at Cici’s Pizza ever, ever again. Oy. Pizza is pretty much my favorite food group, and I adore cheap dinner out. Cici’s has an entire pizza buffet for $5 a person, but it’s so gross even I don’t want to eat it. I’ve got indigestion just thinking about it.
- Ride the subway in Asia. Notice a theme here, between my buried alive theme and this? I am really quite claustrophobic.
- Open a restaurant or retail store. My husband has latent dreams of owning a restaurant or a comedy club, and I used to think owning my own bookstore would be heaven. I’ve since come to understand exactly how much blood, sweat, tears, heartache, and usually failure is involved in such things. I’m far too financially conservative to risk that much money on an enterprise that will be nothing but hard work and is very unlikely to be successful.
- Have anything other than my ears pierced. I think teeny tiny nose piercings are cute…on other people. I think eyebrow rings look edgy…on teenagers. Other people have all manner of body parts pierced, and I’m not put off by it at all, but I do not want it for myself. I already have 7 holes in my ears; that’s quite enough.
- Drive a big rig. I’ll be honest – I’ve had to drive SUVs (small, medium and large), pick-up trucks, moving trucks, delivery vans…I’ve hated it every time. I’m not comfortable being the biggest vehicle on the road. It makes me feel like I’m about to run somebody off the road. Not a good feeling.
- Actually be on a jury. I’ve been called for jury duty once in my life, and I was dismissed by mid-afternoon and never called back. I know, it’s my civic duty and everyone has to do their part and yadda yadda yadda. I even know some people who think they’d relish the opportunity. I am not one of those people. I don’t want to sit through a trial and have to pass judgment on whether they’re guilty or innocent, deciding if a person will have to pay a fine or damages or serve jail/prison time or possibly even get the death penalty. No thanks.
How about you? What are some things you never want to do?